Laser Hair Removal
You are probably sick of going to the salon, the expenses, the pain, the sheer panic when you realize you don’t have your underarms waxed when there is an impromptu party to get to. The answer to all your hair removal anxiety is Laser Hair removal. Laser hair removal is a minimally invasive, non-surgical procedure that will help you save a lot of headache and pain over time. Laser hair removal is basically a procedure used to remove unwanted body and facial hair quickly.
Benefits of Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is a targeted treatment that uses lasers to remove unwanted hair from your face, under-arms, legs, arms, hands, bikini line etc.
Here are a few benefits of laser hair removal:
- Since this is a targeted treatment, it means it is much more precise and targets the coarse hair without damaging the surrounding area.
- It is a much quicker treatment compared to other hair removal methods.
- Laser hair removal is a minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment which means the recovery time is little to none and the risks involved are very minimal.
- A major benefit of laser hair removal is that a lot of clients experience a complete loss of hair growth in those targeted areas after just a few sessions.
How to prepare for Laser Hair Removal
- The first step in any treatment is discussing your requirements and needs with a clinician.
- Our experts will walk you through the steps and what kind of treatment and care is best for your hair
- You should also stop any waxing, plucking, threading alternatives, for up to four to six weeks before the laser hair removal treatment.
- Limiting your exposure to sun is also important for both, before and after the laser hair removal treatment. Sun exposure and damage caused by the sun could potentially make your treatment less effective and will result in you having to come in sooner for your next session.
What to Expect During Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal will not leave you screaming and agonizing over uprooted hair however, you should be aware of what to expect during the treatment.
- The clinician will trim the targeted hair up to a few millimeters above your skin
- A numbing medicine will then be applied, if required, to help reduce any stinging feeling caused during the laser procedure
- You will be given a protective eye-cover
- A cooling gel might be applied to your skin surface to help the laser penetrate the skin harmlessly
- Depending on the targeted area, the thickness of the hair, the color, the laser equipment will then be adjusted
- After completing the laser hair removal, the clinician will target light pulses to the treated area to watch out for any bad reactions or to ensure there weren’t any incomplete results
- You might be given anti-inflammatory creams, cooling gels, cold water or ice packs to soothe you if you feel any discomfort after the treatment.
Recovery and risks involved in laser hair removal
Your skin might look sunburned just after the treatment, for up to a day. Some potential side effects include swelling, redness, or scarring. Although laser hair removal is minimally invasive and non-surgical, depending on the sensitivity of your skin, the post-treatment effects might last for a couple of days.
Contact us today to figure out the best treatment plan for your hair removal needs.